Caixa Econômica Federal will pay, this Wednesday (20), up to R$ 1,000 in the extraordinary withdrawal of the FGTS (Fundo de Garantia do Tempo de Serviço) for 3.9 million workers born in January, who will be able to withdraw R$ 2, 7 billion.
The bank releases the amounts in batches every seven or ten days, according to the professional’s birthday month, as reported on Tuesday (19) by Caixa’s president, Pedro Guimarães. The movement of money will be done through the Caixa Tem app, but only after release, according to the calendar.
The next payment this month will be on April 30, for 3.2 million workers born in February, who will withdraw a total of R$ 2.2 billion. Release is usually done on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The payment schedule runs until June 15th.
SEE THE 2022 FGTS WITHDRAWAL CALENDAR
|Birth month||deposit date||
how many can
withdraw (in millions)
(in BRL, in BRL)
|January||April 20 (Wednesday)||3.9||2.7|
|February||April 30th (Saturday)||3.2||2.2|
|March||May 4th (Wednesday)||3.5||2.5|
|April||May 11 (Wednesday)||3.7||2.6|
|May||May 14 (Saturday)||3.8||2.7|
|June||May 18 (Wednesday)||3.6||2.6|
|July||May 21 (Saturday)||3.5||2.5|
|August||May 25 (Wednesday)||3.4||2.4|
|September||May 28 (Saturday)||3.4||2.6|
|October||June 1st (Wednesday)||3.5||2.5|
|November||June 8 (Wednesday)||3.2||2.4|
|December||June 15 (Wednesday)||3.3||2.3|
Who is entitled to the extraordinary withdrawal
Citizens with an account opened with the FGTS, who have a balance and there is no blocking of the money, are entitled to the extraordinary withdrawal of the Guarantee Fund, as in the case of those who opted for the birthday withdrawal. In all, 42 million workers will receive around R$ 30 billion.
The amount of up to BRL 1,000 per worker considers the sum of the available balances of all open accounts, both from the current and former employers. To find out if you will receive, it is possible to consult the application and the FGTS website.
First, the balance in the old accounts of the Guarantee Fund will be released. Afterwards, amounts from the current employment account will be paid, if the worker is employed.
Application has instability
This Tuesday afternoon (19), the FGTS application presents instability. There are cases of users who cannot access, others say that there is a delay, but, after waiting, access is granted and there are still those who are unable to request the values (when applicable) and receive the information that they will need to go to the Caixa branch.
In most cases, workers are facing a virtual queue to consult the values. The wait, however, is short. After going through the queue, the worker is able to know if he will have the withdrawal automatically or if he will need to request the amounts.
In case of failures, one of the tips is to reinstall the application or update the mobile app store. Caixa was contacted, but has not yet positioned itself on the cases.
Payment of amounts will be by Caixa Tem
The extraordinary withdrawal of the FGTS will be made by Caixa Tem in a digital social savings account opened by Caixa in the name of the worker. Access to the money will only occur on the date on which the worker is authorized to withdraw, according to the schedule for releasing the amounts.
However, to find out if you will receive up to R$ 1,000, the citizen must first consult the FGTS app or the website fgts.caixa.gov.br. For most workers, the money will be released automatically. However, there are cases where it will be necessary to make a withdrawal request.
The request is made by the application only. On the website, the features are limited and it is only possible to check if you are entitled and how the payment will be made.
When opening the application, the worker entitled to withdraw the FGTS will be able to find a screen in which the system asks if he wants to register an account to receive the amounts. In the case of the extraordinary withdrawal, there is no point in making this option, as the payment will only be made through Caixa Tem.
When receiving in digital social savings, it is possible to transfer the money to another bank, withdraw by generating a withdrawal code, make a transfer via Pix, pay bills or make purchases.
Where to ask questions and get information:
- FGTS App
- 4004-0104 (capitals and metropolitan regions)
- 0800-1040104 (for other regions)
Find out how to check your FGTS balance through the app
- Update or download the FGTS app on your mobile
- Then open the app and click “Sign in to the app”
- The program will ask if you can use Caixa.gov.br; click “Continue”
- Enter your CPF, go to “I’m not a robot” and then to “Next”; if the program asks to identify images, identify them and go to “Verify”
- Enter the password and click “Login”
- A message will appear with information about the extraordinary FGTS withdrawal, click on “I understand”
- On the home screen, go to “Extraordinary Withdrawal”, in the orange frame
- On the next screen, you will see how much will be available for you to withdraw
- To find out which accounts the amount is being debited from, click on “See released FGTS accounts”
- Payment is automatic, on the digital social account, for most workers; in some cases, you will need to make the request (see the step-by-step below)
Find out how to check your FGTS balance on the website
- Access the website www.fgts.caixa.gov.br
- On the home page, go to “Extraordinary FGTS withdrawal” and click on “See here”
- In the specific field, inform the CPF or the PIS number (if you do not have the PIS number, the query can be made through My INSS; click here for other ways to know the PIS)
- Click “I’m not a robot” and click “Continue”
- The system will ask to click on images; identify them and go to “Verify”
- You will need to enter your internet password and click on “Continue”; if you don’t have or don’t remember, go to “Register/recover password”
- Your mobile number will appear or the option to register one to receive “SMS”
- There will be a message informing you if you are entitled to the FGTS withdrawal and how this withdrawal will be made
Measure is part of government package in election year
The release of the FGTS is part of the Income and Opportunity Program, launched by the government on March 17. Altogether, the Planalto states that it will make R$ 150 billion available to workers. There is also the advance of the 13th for INSS retirees and pensioners.
Other measures were also announced, such as the possibility of a payroll loan for those who have BPC (Continuous Provision Benefit) and Auxílio Brasil, in addition to loans via Caixa Tem for individuals and MEIs (individual microentrepreneurs).
Who is entitled to FGTS?
All Brazilian workers with a formal employment contract, governed by the CLT (Consolidation of Labor Laws), are entitled to the FGTS, as well as domestic, rural, temporary, intermittent, single, safreiros workers (rural workers who work only during the harvest period). ) and professional athletes.
By law, the employer deposits 8% of the professional’s salary every month in an account in his name. In case of dismissal without just cause, the worker can withdraw, in addition to receiving a 40% fine on the fund balance.