‘The only personal pics we took’: Newlywed Nicola Peltz Beckham shares a snap of vintage flip phones as she admits they were the only ones at their Brooklyn wedding amid ‘social media’ -ban” were used.
Nicola Peltz Beckham, 27, has shared a snap of old-school clamshell phones used during her wedding to husband Brooklyn, 23 – and admitted they contained the only personal pictures they took that day.
The couple tied the knot just last week in a lavish ceremony at the bride’s sprawling Palm Beach estate.
And while the lavish wedding was sure to offer countless Instagram-worthy moments, the couple decided to enforce a social media ban at the ceremony.
Retro: Nicola Peltz Beckham, 27, shared a snap of old-school clamshell phones used at her wedding to Brooklyn, 23, via Instagram on Friday
Nicola shared a picture of her and Brooklyn’s Alcatel Go Flip phones plugged in and sending pictures on her Instagram story on Friday.
She explained to her 2.6million followers, “Our wedding phones and the only personal pics we took of @brooklynpeltzbeckham.”
The phones don’t get social media as the only personal pictures they took are on them.
Newlyweds: The couple tied the knot just last week in a lavish ceremony at the bride’s sprawling Palm Beach estate, adopting each other’s names as Peltz Beckham
Strict: To enforce Nicola and Brooklyn’s strict social media ban, guests and staff were presented with electronically lockable bags (yondr bags pictured).
Despite a lack of in-person snaps, the star-studded wedding was covered by Vogue in a mega deal with their photographers on every corner to capture the celebrations in full.
To enforce Nicola and Brooklyn’s strict social media ban, electronically lockable bags were presented to guests and staff.
Phones were placed in these small pockets and would automatically lock in phone-free areas before unlocking in areas where social media was allowed.
Vintage: The old school phones were the only ones the couple used on their wedding day
Engaged: The couple married after three years of dating, with Brooklyn popping the question back in July 2020 – and proposing with an emerald and diamond ring worth $325,000
The pouches were made by my electronics company, Yondr, with the couple going to extreme lengths to protect the exclusivity of the Vogue image release.
The pair wed after three years of dating, and Brooklyn popped the question back in July 2020 — and proposed with a $325,000 emerald and diamond ring.
The lavish ceremony was a true A-list nuptials, with the entire Beckham clan dressing to impress.
A host of other celebrities attended the wedding, including Eva Longoria, tennis pros Serena and Venus Williams, and the Ramsey family.
Dressed to impress: The lavish ceremony was a true A-list wedding, with the entire Beckham clan dressed to impress – including the groom’s parents Victoria and David
A timeline of Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz’s romance:
- April 2017: The couple meets at the Coachella music festival after being introduced by a friend. At the time, Brooklyn was dating his ex-girlfriend, Hana Cross
- November 2019: Nicola and Brooklyn first went public with their budding relationship in November 2019 when pictures emerged of them hugging after attending a Halloween party together
- January 2020: Taking their romance official to Instagram, Nicola posted a bedroom selfie in a bra with a shirtless Brooklyn in the foreground captioned with a simple black heart
- February 2020: The next month, they sat front row at the Saint Laurent show at Paris Fashion Week in coordinating outfits
- March 2020: When the pandemic hits, the two move in together in the Beckham family home
- July 2020: They then got engaged in July 2020, just eight months later, and Brooklyn proposed a $325,000 emerald and diamond ring